WHAT IS THE CHURCH OF THE NAZARENE?
THE HIGH MOUNTAIN CHURCH OF THE NAZARENE
Our church was founded in Paterson, moved to Wyckoff and has found a home here in North Haledon for over 30 years. We are a community church but we are not limited to our community. We follow John Wesley’s adage: “The world is my parish.”
Jesus said: “By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” (John 13:35).
In response to a question about what the greatest command in the Law was, Jesus replied: ” ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” (Matthew 22:37 – 40). Our mission is simple…to transform lives through the love of Christ. If we are a people of love and allow the Holy Spirit to bring life transformation, then we will be accomplishing our mission.
Not every church can meet every need. We do not claim to meet every need. Our church is not for everyone. We know that. But if someone is seeking community, a place to belong, we believe we we can be that community. If someone is seeking healing, spiritual and or emotional, we believe we are equipped to offer that. If someone is seeking God, we certainly can point the way. If anyone is seeking community, healing, God then our church may just be the church for you.
- Justice Network (Fighting to end human trafficking and slavery around the world): www.justice-network.org
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality (Integrating emotional and spiritual health). www.emotionallyhealthy.org
- ALPHA (Introducing people to a relationship with Christ). www.alphausa.org
- Metro New York District Church of The Nazarene www.mnynaz.com
- International Church of The Nazarene www.nazarene.org