1. Before you read, quiet your heart for one minute of silence
2. Read the following Scripture:
1 Samuel 15: 17 – 19
17 Samuel said, “Although you were once small in your own eyes, did you not become the head of the tribes of Israel? The Lord anointed you king over Israel. 18 And he sent you on a mission, saying, ‘Go and completely destroy those wicked people, the Amalekites; wage war against them until you have wiped them out.’ 19 Why did you not obey the Lord? Why did you pounce on the plunder and do evil in the eyes of the Lord?”
3. What God saying to you through this Scripture? Pause for another minute and let God speak to you in your silence
4. Read the following Scripture:
Hebrews 11:8 – 12
8 By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance,obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going. 9 By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise. 10 For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God. 11 And by faith even Sarah, who was past childbearing age, was enabled to bear children because she[b]considered him faithful who had made the promise. 12 And so from this one man, and he as good as dead, came descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as countless as the sand on the seashore.
5. Does this relate to my life? What does God want me to do with this passage of Scripture? Pause for one more minute and reflect upon what God is speaking to your heart in this moment.