1. Before you read, quiet your heart for one minute of silence
2. Read the following Scripture:
1 Better a poor man whose walk is blameless than a fool whose lips are perverse. 2 It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way. 3 A man’s own folly ruins his life, yet his heart rages against the LORD. 4 Wealth brings many friends, but a poor man’s friend deserts him. 5 A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who pours out lies will not go free. 6Many curry favor with a ruler, and everyone is the friend of a man who gives gifts. 7 A poor man is shunned by all his relatives– how much more do his friends avoid him! Though he pursues them with pleading, they are nowhere to be found. 8 He who gets wisdom loves his own soul; he who cherishes understanding prospers. Proverbs 19:1-8
3. Pause for another minute and let God speak to you in your silence
What is He saying to you?
4. Read the following Scripture:
17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not changelike shifting shadows. 18 He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created. James 1: 17-18
5. Pause for one more minute and reflect upon what God is speaking to your heart in this moment. How does this relate to my life? What does God want me to do with this today?
6. The Gloria
“Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be. World without end.