Its January…the holidays are over…The Super Bowl is more than a week away…Things are kind of slow around here. So, here are just some random thoughts…Basically just thoughts that flow in and out of my mind, without any rhyme or reason. Think of them as free thinking tweets. So if someone asks me what I’m thinking, it could be any of these things such as:
- Almost twenty years after their last show Seinfeld is still funny…even after having seen every episode twenty times or more.
- I realize how old I am when I make a Seinfeld reference to 21 year old Nick and Abbey and they have no idea what I am talking about.
- Only 22 days until pitchers and catchers report and 66 days until opening day baseball.
- I look as forward to taking our FridaySabbath as I do to taking our summer vacation. Maybe more so.
- I am looking forward to seeing American Sniper…At the same time I don’t want to see it.
- I am so excited about our upcoming marriage weekend..So many new couples and so much hope and anticipation.
- I think I am addicted…to Trivia Crack.
- Most Christians would rather “serve Jesus” that to “be with” Jesus.
- I skied once in my life…In Colorado…Any hill…I mean mountain… in New Jersey/New York would be downhill from there (no pun intended) so thats why I don’t ski. At least that is my story and I am sticking to it.
- We love teaching the Emotionally Healthy Spirituality class and being on the journey with this new group of people.
- I still feel sick about the Packers losing last week to the Seahawks.
- I never really thought about how much inflation a football is supposed to have…Thanks to Bill Belichick and Tom Brady I now know that a football must be inflated to no less than 12.5 pounds per square inch (whatever that means).
- Technology is amazing…Today we were on a video conference call with people from Brazil, England, Canada, Texas, New York, Pennsylvania and several other areas across North America…All at the same time! Samuel Morse would have thought that was a miracle!
- Michael Kevin Smith will be baptized at our church this Sunday. What a blessing to be a part of this Sacrament! I am glad it wasn’t last Sunday and praying for minimal snow on Saturday.
- The Honeymooners is still my all time favorite sitcom. I know every line and still laugh when they say them.
- We enjoy being empty nesters but as Susan says, we miss the little chickadees!
- God is good…all the time…all the time..God is good. It never gets old believing that.
- Celebrating our 23rd wedding anniversary (last Sunday) and I am more in love with my wife than I have ever been.
- I don’t know if I could take another Ranger’s run to the Stanley Cup finals but I am willing to try.
- As I preach through the topic of Miracles I am more convinced than ever that God still does miracles today.
- My “Bucket list” includes watching a football game at Lambeau Field in Green Bay.
- My childhood friend Joey is still the funniest guy I know.
- Odell Beckham Jr. made the greatest catch of a football I have ever seen. It is worth repeatedly watching.
- People think I like Bob Dylan for his voice but its because of his lyrics, his ingenuity, his willingness to take risks and ability to articulate deep thoughts and feelings. And I get a kick out of his voice too!
- Almost 40 years as a follower of Jesus and I am only scratching the surface of intimacy with Christ.
- Been thinking about my legacy and the eventual eulogy someone will give on my behalf…and realizing the need to work on it daily because tomorrow is not guaranteed.
- Things can…and do..change in an instant.
- I think the Old Spice commercials are hilarious…as are the Most Interesting Man In The World commercials.
- Evil is overcome by love…as hard as that is to do.
- We have a small church but one huge in love, support and service. I am proud and humbled to be the pastor at High Mountain and blessed to be around such a wonderful, extremely human, authentic, grace filled people.
- If I had a choice of a last meal it would be Susan’s spaghetti and meatballs with a hamburger with mushrooms and fried onions, well done fries with gravy on the side and a vanilla milk shake a close second.
- I am thankful for the small things in life. Very thankful.
- Our God is an awesome God.
- Jim Ring does a fantastic job as head coach of Kennedy’s boys basketball team. He gets the most out of his players. That is a sign of a great coach….and he is a better man than coach.
- If God be for us, who can be against us?
What do you think?
How does it make you feel?